Adapting to the Current Real Estate Market – Challenges and Opportunities

Adapting to the Current Real Estate Market – Challenges and Opportunities

Daniel SegoviaPro Member
Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 107 posts · 15 votes

As we wrap up the year and look ahead to 2025, the real estate market continues to present unique challenges and opportunities for investors, brokers, and lenders alike. From fluctuating interest rates to evolving buyer demand, navigating today’s market requires flexibility and strategy.

Are you seeing more opportunities in flips, rentals, or commercial properties?

0Reply
27 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2024 · 29 posts · 18 votes
    1y

    The best projects I've seen from my desk are folks who are doing hyper-targeted, well-researched deals that are generally in higher cost of living (there are exceptions) areas. 

    For California, ADU's are still the untapped gold (ok, maybe silver but still) mines that I see a lot of folks leaning into.

    Example - borrower uses loan to purchase a home in a B or C grade neighborhood for 380k, spends 50k rehabbing primary home, uses 200k to put an ADU in the back, appraisal comes back at 925k.

    We also see a lot of ground up projects in HCOL areas that do particularly well. 

    Totally understand that those things don't closely mirror the BRRRR model too closely, but that's what I'm seeing right now.

  • Elias HalvorsonBusiness Member
    HI · Member since 2024 · 225 posts · 130 votes
    1y

    I am seeing a lot of movement on VA assumable loans. Of course, my focus is veterans so I may be biased.

    Elias Halvorson C2 Hawaii NMLS#1697041HI Branch NMLS#1244222 585 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.