Seeking Advice: Personal or Secured Loan Using Free & Clear Property in Durham, NC

Seeking Advice: Personal or Secured Loan Using Free & Clear Property in Durham, NC

Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I’m exploring optionsbif any for a personal or secured loan using my property as collateral and would love advice or referrals.

Property Details:

Free & clear residential lot in Durham, NC (Pinery subdivision)

Includes a large shop (22×54) and a studio apartment attached

Current rental income: ~$2,100/month from the studio

I also live on the property

Deed in my name, inherited property

Tax value: ~$134,000

My Situation:

Credit: Below average, working on rebuilding

Income: No W-2 income; I can provide bank statements and rental income proof

Loan Amount: Ideally $5k–$25k (flexible depending on terms)

Purpose: Personal use and investment flexibility

Documents Available: Deed, Forestar interest in purchase papers, and other relevant property documentation.

Thanks

0Reply
76 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Cary, NC · Member since 2021 · 122 posts · 29 votes
    1y

    Hi Tristan, I live in the Triangle and know someone locally who could help you with this! I would love to connect and can send you his info. I also have an incredible contact for credit repair if you are interested in getting some guidance around building that. She can help people increase their score in a matter of months. I have so many contacts in this area and would be happy to put you in touch. Lets talk! Cheers, Kate

  • MD/DC · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Be really thoughtful before attaching a lien for personal use to your primary home especially in conjunction with not so great credit. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.