Freddie loosening their guildlines regarding rental income?

Freddie loosening their guildlines regarding rental income?

Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2012 · 9 posts · 4 votes

My lender told me today:  "In October Freddie is changing their guidelines that even though you have no rental income history, we CAN use the rental income which we have not been able to do for a few years. "

Can anyone confirm?  Sorry if this is a repeat, but I could not find...

Thanks, Andy

0Reply
13 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Union City, NJ · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    Hi @Andy Ferrell,

    This sounds really interesting!  I'm sorry I can't help answer myself, but I will be interested to see if anyone confirms this!  Thanks for posting.

  • Lender · Newport Beach, CA · Member since 2013 · 264 posts · 97 votes
    11y

    I've not heard this yet. i've only heard fannie saying they'll allow an easier conversion of your primary residence to an investment property.

    If you've bought a rental home within the year, before you've claimed them on your tax returns, Fannie lets you use 75% of the market rents on the rental market survey with the appraisal. Don't know if that helps your situation at all or not.

  • Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2012 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    I found it in their last communication to lenders here: 

    http://www.freddiemac.com/singlefamily/guide/bulletins/pdf/bll1512.pdf

    Page 2:

    Rental income

    Effective for Mortgages with Settlement Dates on or after October 26, 2015, we are removing the requirement that the Borrower must have a two-year history of managing Investment Properties to use the income from a subject Investment Property or other Investment Properties owned by the Borrower for qualifying purposes...

  • Lender · Newport Beach, CA · Member since 2013 · 264 posts · 97 votes
    11y

    Ahh nicely done. Great info.. thanks

  • Union City, NJ · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    Cool!  Thanks for sharing!

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 646 posts · 392 votes
    11y

    @Andy Ferrell thanks for sharing good info. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.