Has anyone had an experiences with Cogo Capital?

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 17 votes
9y

I recently had a phone call with them. They told me that they like to lend to people with solid experience. To gain that experience, I could go to a 3-day training session for $3000. I have heard that some people are given a price of $2500 and sometimes less. Why does the price change for the training session? Why do I need to pay a lender money for training before they lend me money?

So for ~$2500, you get training. Then they will lend to you up to 4 loans at a time and will fund 100% of what you need.

All this talk about an inner circle and the Lee Arnold "system."

What's the deal here? Legit? Not legit?

See this reply in the discussion

35 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 1 vote
    4y
    Quote from @Stacy Gilman:

    I see lots of ads for Cogo Capital for private lending. Has anyone had any experience with this company? 

    I have experience with them and they are 
    Very good for helping  new to the industry folks and or people who never would have had a chance to get into this industry. The reason they offer training is so that you will know what to do to buy low and sell high for maximum gain. This is not a lender for the family this is a lender for the one who needs help getting started as flipper .They are very helpful .
  • Member since 2022 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Cherice Long:
    Quote from @Stacy Gilman:

    I see lots of ads for Cogo Capital for private lending. Has anyone had any experience with this company? 

    I have experience with them and they are 
    Very good for helping  new to the industry folks and or people who never would have had a chance to get into this industry. The reason they offer training is so that you will know what to do to buy low and sell high for maximum gain. This is not a lender for the family this is a lender for the one who needs help getting started as flipper .They are very helpful .

     Agree

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    I have been trying to sell my house. The buyer is using them. It has been a nightmare. They have pushed back the closing date 7 times over 7 months including 6 minutes before we were supposed to close today. My ex-husband took off work 7 times. I drove 40 montes one way to go to the closing this morning. I’m a single mom with 5 kids paying a mortgage on my old house and on my new one. They are unprofessional, don’t care about people, and apparently completely inept when it comes to business. Run

  • Investor · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    Bait and Switch. They sent a term sheet which was actually downright attractive so I paid the $197 application fee. The term sheet they THEN gave me for my loan was nothing like the one they baited me with and they were totally unworkable for my deal. It looked it was for someone else's loan There were also fees that I saw disclosed for the first time.

    They have a link for requests for refunds/customer services. Still, after 2 inquiries, not even an acknowledgement that there was an issue.

    Anyone can go to their website and generate a Proof of Funds for $14.97. Embarrassing, because my seller did exactly that, without any of my loan details, and generated the exact same letter I had given to him.

    Lessons learned: gold cross = red flag, "have a blessed day" = "see ya"

    Date of experience: June 16, 2023

  • Lender · Fountain, CO · Member since 2022 · 124 posts · 32 votes
    3y

    @Stacy Gilman

    Strange. I didn't realize other lenders were making people pay for upfront courses etc..

    I'm a direct lender for residential investment properties. Fix and flip. Construction. Rentals.

    Feel free to message me anytime with scenarios. I don't believe in a hard sell, just solutions.

  • Investor · CA · Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    I am currently TRYING to close a deal with them... not sure if it is going to cross the finish line. It has been an extremely unpleasant transaction thus far... boy do I have stories... 

    If anyone know a good private lender for the midwest (illinois) please share.... :)

  • Scott WolfPro Member
    Lender · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 957 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Michelle Miner:

    I am currently TRYING to close a deal with them... not sure if it is going to cross the finish line. It has been an extremely unpleasant transaction thus far... boy do I have stories... 

    If anyone know a good private lender for the midwest (illinois) please share.... :)


     I work for a new direct lender, Dunmor.  Let me know if you still need assistance.

  • Member since 2024 · 1 post · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Chris Kraemer:

    I just had a terrible deal with GOGO. They were so bad,  I had to delay closing to switch lenders. They sold themselves as a fast hard money lender, but were slow and required more paperwork than any bank. They also changed their terms prior to closing. They could have easily cost me the entire deal and they seemed ambivalent.


  • Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    Had a bad deal with them. It closed but barely. It’s fraud in the beginning. They gave me a blank pre approval and said put whatever numbers you want on it. PA written up for cash to get offer accepted then switches to a mortgage with 2 lien positions so the Title Co loved that of course. Closing got delayed until the VERY beginning of the new tax season so there was an additional $3k at closing for the proration of taxes. I don’t even think they used licensed appraisers (could be wrong. Long time ago) I’m vetting other companies now.

  • Hampton Roads · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    I've closed four loans with COGO as of today (7/7/24). I'm looking to close another in the next two weeks hopefully. I've found COGO to be easy to work with, however, I'm still new in this area and I can see how if I didn't want/need their hand-holding, I wouldn't appreciate it. There are numerous others with better rates, I participated in Lee's Inner Circle, so I need to do one more deal with them to get my tuition reimbursed. Initially I was constantly offered trainings and workshops and upsells. Since I've taken one of their programs, and found a lot of value in the program, I've been welcoming of the offerings. I have had a number of my classmates in Lee's Inner Circle complain, but I don't at this moment.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.