How can I get private lending for a good BRRR deal?

How can I get private lending for a good BRRR deal?

Developer · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 165 posts · 32 votes

I came across a good deal that will cash flow. It's a short sale thats the reason for the bargain price, I want to get this one for myself and start my rental portfolio. Anybody got any creative ways to buy? 

Short Sale

$65,000 Purchase Price

0Reply
19 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 165 posts · 32 votes
    10y

    Looking for a private lender, anything I should look out for when dealing with private money? What are the first steps I need to take?

  • Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2016 · 27 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    If it's your first deal, I do not recommend using private money.  I would use a Hard Money Lender and refinance into a conventional loan.

    A hard money lender won't let you get into a bad deal.  And you're not taking risks with an individual's money.

    To raise private money, I wouldn't go to people with "deals".  I would take people out for coffee/lunch and build a relationship with them.  Tell them about what you do and if they decide to work with you, then present deals.

    When you introduce yourself by "Here's my deal..." it can come off desperate.  Plus you want enough time to work out the details of your lending.

  • Developer · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 165 posts · 32 votes
    10y

    @Robert Shelton thanks for the advice. So the best way to go is to get with a hard money lender put a tenant in the unit and refi in 12 months into a conventional loan? Sounds like a good idea. Appreciate the feedback. 

  • Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2016 · 27 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Thats what I would recommend on a first deal because of inexperience. A hard money lender is expensive but they have strict criteria for lending. So that's why I would say they wont let you do a bad deal.  

    Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.