Investor · Trussville, AL · Member since 2015 · 50 posts · 19 votes
Hey guys,
I came across Connectedinvestors.com today, and was wondering if any of you have used them for lending or financing any deals? Seems to be a pretty straightforward site and process, and it looks like they have been at it for a while. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
10y
I thought it was a joke. Fake 'deals', shady wholesalers, scammy lenders. Had a hard time closing my account until I started calling them out. I wouldn't waste my time or worse with CI.
Wholesaler · Kent, WA · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 2 votes
10y
Hi Kris, I have been a member of that site for about 6 months. It is useful, but watch out for funding scammers their everywhere. But, for the most part the people who are real are pretty cool.
Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
10y
I thought it was a joke. Fake 'deals', shady wholesalers, scammy lenders. Had a hard time closing my account until I started calling them out. I wouldn't waste my time or worse with CI.
I have not used them for funding but I have been looking at and trying to vet their CIX (Connected Investors Exchange) which is supposed to be a platform populated by verified hard money and private money lenders.
CIX appears to have been launched in 2015 and there is a press release online that documents that Ross Hamilton, the CEO of Connected Investors was able to push the launch with the support of Doug Lebda, Founder and CEO of Lendingtree. Ross must have been doing something right to get the support of that caliber.
That said, I have not used CIX which they encourage members to use to avoid scammers. I have however received one unsolicited offer for financing from at least one "lender" on the site who does not appear to be within the CIX umbrella that had laughable grammatical errors.
I have not used them for funding but I have been looking at and trying to vet their CIX (Connected Investors Exchange) which is supposed to be a platform populated by verified hard money and private money lenders.
CIX appears to have been launched in 2015 and there is a press release online that documents that Ross Hamilton, the CEO of Connected Investors was able to push the launch with the support of Doug Lebda, Founder and CEO of Lendingtree. Ross must have been doing something right to get the support of that caliber.
That said, I have not used CIX which they encourage members to use to avoid scammers. I have however received one unsolicited offer for financing from at least one "lender" on the site who does not appear to be within the CIX umbrella that had laughable grammatical errors.
Anyone can print a 'press release'.
Just because someone drops a name is not enough to verify the ethics of a company's practices. I've read enough credible complaints of how they rip ppl off, do not obtain the financing they promise, and generally run a shady operation to steer clear of them with a barge pole.
San Leandro, CA · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
8y
I am trying to remove myself from the Connected Investors account as we speak and, there is no way to do it. I find that a bit strange. I'm sending them an email to be removed. Let's see how this goes.