Do you have a preference b/n HML and Portfolio for rehabs?

Do you have a preference b/n HML and Portfolio for rehabs?

Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2016 · 146 posts · 27 votes

Specifically for the first time (or few). I have had my mind set on HML for a while now... Understand all of the disadvantages and how they work... But I started to look into portfolio lenders and it seems there are a few in my area and am wondering what the major disadvantages of going that route would be. I've heard the term is typically 6-12 months, and have also heard they sometimes don't lend for less than 5 years?

Also, if you have had good experiences with conventional mortgages for REHABS, feel free to note.. I just feel as if they would take too long? (In addition to most likely not taking rehab costs into consideration).

0Reply
19 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Stephanie P.Pro Member
    Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    @jazmine s

    If you are going to live in it, FHA203k is a great tool to use

  • Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2016 · 146 posts · 27 votes
    9y

    This will be for short-term rehabs only, fyi.

  • Stephanie P.Pro Member
    Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    @jaxmine s

    pm me please

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.