Exp working w/ Chase Mortgage for loan? - Sapphire Reserve Bonus

Exp working w/ Chase Mortgage for loan? - Sapphire Reserve Bonus

Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 64 posts · 14 votes

Anyone have experience working directly with Chase bank for getting a loan? They are offering 100,000 points for sapphire reserve card holders:

https://www.chase.com/personal/home-lending/mortga...

I've always used brokers instead, but 100,000 points is intriguing. That's worth at least $1,500 and could be a lot more depending on the strategic use of the points. 

I'm looking to house hack by purchasing a multi-family property as my primary residence.

0Reply
39 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Downers Grove, IL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 955 votes
    9y

    @Cody Cook

    We're a Chase private client, and our Chase adviser used our mortgage broker to finance his rental. I've asked them for financing investment properties but they couldn't help.

    But it never hurt to ask. 

  • Norfolk, VA · Member since 2016 · 27 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    I just started the process this morning. The interest rate is not super great even with my high credit score and low LTV ratio. Definitely considering it though...between the 100k I just got for signing up and this 100k I could definitely take a decent vacation.

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 64 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    @Clarissa Butler Yeah, I touched base with a mortgage lender at Chase. They seemed great to work with but the rate was too high for me to move forward.

  • Lender · Point Lookout, NY · Member since 2017 · 88 posts · 22 votes
    9y

    @Cody Cook

    Have you looked into small bank options? Local mortgage banks have more options than the big box banks and value their customer's experience. 

    PM me if you need a recommendation. 

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 64 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    @Jason Little Yes, I have mortgage broker I have done business with in the past and he was able to get me a good rate. I don't have good recs for local small bank options though. I'll send you a PM.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.