With a Home bought in cash need to wait 6 mos to refi?

With a Home bought in cash need to wait 6 mos to refi?

Escrow Officer · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 64 posts · 27 votes
I believe this to be true with Fannie/Freddie loans however I also think there may be a loop hole. I know that you don't need to wait the 6 months with a portfolio lender but curious on a conventional Fannie or Freddie loan.
1Reply
6 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · La Grande, OR · Member since 2014 · 194 posts · 176 votes
    9y

    @Elena Jobson,

    You can use the "Delayed Financing Exception" which is a fannie/freddie product that any typical lender can use. The only drawback is that you can only get out the lower of 70% LTV or the purchase price. So even if you get a killer deal, you will only be able to pull out, at most, your purchase price. I've done these in 30 days after initial closing, and then refinanced again after a year. Your lender will need to source your funds for the cash purchase and will need a copy of your final HUD-1 statement.

  • Harjeet BhattiPro Member
    Lender · Glenview IL- CDLP NMLS#230554 · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 747 votes
    9y

    You don't have wait to cash out, can refinance under delayed financing exception. You can't cash out more than what your spend initially. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.