cash out on investment property

cash out on investment property

Lowell, MA · Member since 2014 · 335 posts · 52 votes

Hello BiggerPockets,

I bought a 4-unit investment property a few years back in the Massachusetts market. Since then it has gone up in value a bit. I want to see if anyone has any opinion on what is the best way to cash out/pull money.  I have been brainstorming on refinance cash out, 2nd mortgage, ... ect. What is your thought??

Thanks 

1Reply
41 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 136 posts · 54 votes
9y
Sounds like you need a spreadsheet to compare options. I'd compare the costs, advantages, and disadvantages of each.
See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Upen PatelPro Member
    Lender · Nationwide Lender · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 814 votes
    9y

    @Frantz Joseph What you were told about is a commercial loan, which would be a 5-7 yr balloon. For residential properties, you can get a residential portfolio loans, which are 30 yr fixed. Yes, rates are higher, but you get the protection. Look for a lender that does those.

  • Lowell, MA · Member since 2014 · 335 posts · 52 votes
    9y

    @Frantz Joseph FYI: I just sent you a message. Hope you received now ....

  • Lowell, MA · Member since 2014 · 335 posts · 52 votes
    9y

    @Todd Dexheimer I agree, it is a better option for buy/hold investor.

    @Upen Patel I worked with a residential portfolio lender in the past, but he offered me 25 years balloon with 5 years ARM. I think 30 fixed would make my cash flow looks really good. I was just happy with his offer at the time for the 20% down, 5 years ARM, 25 balloon.

    There is a Fannie Mae small multi loan between 1M-8M that was mentioned during the podcast with 20% down and 30 years fixed. The down payment alone is $200k for 1M purchase, so need to team up. 

    In general, the market has been extremely too hot... I don't know .. the cycle is here. There might be a correction or bubble coming around soon... anybody see any foreclosure chart ??

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.