How to structure private money loan from family members

How to structure private money loan from family members

Investor · Sewell, NJ · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 3 votes

Hello. I’ve done about 6 flips in the last 10 months with a 50/50 equity partner. However, moving forward I’d like to do some without the partner. I️ have a few aunts that have a couple hundred thousand dollars they are willing to lend, but I’d need to understand the private lending process before borrowing their money. We discussed a 10% return and they are happy with that. Any advice on how to structure it all, or resources to find out how to start the process would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance 

2Reply
15 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dave Van HornPro Member
    Fund Manager · Wayne, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Mikki McIntyre

    I would suggest talking with a title company or real estate attorney and have them draw up a note and mortgage doc for you to use. They'll also be able to give you guidance about requirements, structuring, etc.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.