19 years old trying to buy a house! Need help!

19 years old trying to buy a house! Need help!

Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 0 votes
Hey guys. My name is Jess Robbins. I’m from Hattiesburg, MS. I’ve been looking for a house to buy for me and 2 of my friends to live in during college. They will pay me rent and that will cover the mortgage. I have enough money saved to put around 15-20% into a mortgage, but I don’t know how to go about doing it. Please help. Ready to buy before school starts. I plan on renting it out to people after we move out at the end of college. Thanks guys
0Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
8y
Well you’ll need stable income to make this work. Are you working while in school? If not the next easiest option would be to get a parent or someone else to co sign the loan. If neither of those options are possible I’d recommend putting this on hold until you graduate
See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    8y
    Well you’ll need stable income to make this work. Are you working while in school? If not the next easiest option would be to get a parent or someone else to co sign the loan. If neither of those options are possible I’d recommend putting this on hold until you graduate
  • Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    I also do not have a full time job. I talked to a lender, and he said that I would need one or Id have to have someone co-sign on the house for the loan. I only want my name on it. Thanks guys
  • Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    8y
    Well looks like we commented at the same time. You can do seller financing or get a private lender but likely either of those will be tough. Hence best to wait until you graduate
  • Pat HeidingsfelderBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Biloxi, MS · Member since 2016 · 169 posts · 92 votes
    8y

    Good Luck @Account Closed to see if he has any properties up there that would be a good owner financed deal.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.