How do I find a good low-end residential Chicago lender?

How do I find a good low-end residential Chicago lender?

Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 34 posts · 5 votes

I am a new Pro member and want to get pre-qualified for quick purchase opportunities of $30,000 to $100,000. How do I find a good low-end residential Chicago area lender? Any recommendations? 

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 67 posts · 43 votes
    7y
    @Clarence Watkins Just start calling around and see what minimum loan limits different lenders have. Ask if they do ‘high cost’ mortgages, as that is ultimately why lenders will have a minimum loan amount requirement. For lenders who don’t do high cost, I’ve found that the threshold is typically between $40k and $50k. Anything above that should meet high cost, assuming the lender’s fees aren’t abnormally high.
  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 34 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    @Matthew Roder Thanks Matt. Great tip.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.