Looking for a investor friendly bank in Alabama!

Looking for a investor friendly bank in Alabama!

Huntsville, AL · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 2 votes

I am military, and currently living in the Fort Rucker area, but so far I have focused my real estate investment in Huntsville AL. (2 properties thus far - 1 about to be accepted) I'm getting to the point where I need to find a investor friendly bank. Someone that will loan to an LLC and work with me on future deals, HELOC, Commercial.

Any advise on where to start would be much appreciated. 

2Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Clint ShelleyPro Member
Surveyor · Dothan, AL · Member since 2014 · 425 posts · 391 votes
7y

Hi Casey. I'm in Dothan and I use Ameris bank, but a few investors I know have been having success with PeoplesSouth. I am going to have a meeting with one of their VPs about my goals and how they may help. I like Ameris but they have been really slow of late, and I need a nimble lender. Thanks for your service.

Clint

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Mobile, AL · Member since 2013 · 71 posts · 29 votes
    7y

    have you tried Navy federal credit union? 

  • Clint ShelleyPro Member
    Surveyor · Dothan, AL · Member since 2014 · 425 posts · 391 votes
    7y

    Hi Casey. I'm in Dothan and I use Ameris bank, but a few investors I know have been having success with PeoplesSouth. I am going to have a meeting with one of their VPs about my goals and how they may help. I like Ameris but they have been really slow of late, and I need a nimble lender. Thanks for your service.

    Clint

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Enterprise, AL · Member since 2018 · 85 posts · 27 votes
    7y

    We use Trinity. Lori is the VP of the Enterprise branch. Feel free to come to our investor meetup we do here locally. Usually the first Saturday of the month at a current flip property. Thanks,

    Rob

  • Rental Property Investor · Dothan Alabama · Member since 2017 · 161 posts · 97 votes
    7y

    I agree with Rob. I am in the process of moving to Trinity. I hope to have my properties moved in the next two weeks.

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 32 posts · 18 votes
    7y

    Hi Casey! I'm a little late to this conversation. I have been working with Heather George at Synovus in Huntsville/Madison. She is fast and responsive. They loan at a 70% LTV which is lower than I usually like, but the customer service and speed is worth it. Good luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · Madison, AL · Member since 2015 · 177 posts · 110 votes
    7y

    Hi @Casey Rumfelt

    I personally use Redstone Federal. The loan up to 85% LTV with relatively low closing cost. Only downfall is that only amortorize for up to 15 years on the commercial side. I would also look into Service 1st Bank as well as they loan up 80% LTV with 20 year Ams.

  • Huntsville, AL · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Thanks for all the recommendations I’m checking into several. Will post once I have some kind of resolution. Is it just me or does everything take longer than I expect?!?! Haha 

  • Rental Property Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    Hi. Since last posts are there any other, or new, investor friendly banks (commercial lending side) that I should look at? Mostly need 75% LTV ish and 15-20 am on small single family rental homes.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.