Cash out refi 3 family non-owner occupied

Cash out refi 3 family non-owner occupied

Investor · Westbrook, CT · Member since 2016 · 79 posts · 27 votes

I am getting ready to cash out refinance a property I bought all cash back in June 2018 in Springfield, Massachusetts.

I got couple of quotes. I cant find any quote lower than 4.25% with 750 loan processing fee and no points. It is a portfolio loan not Fannie/Freddie backed.

The property is not owner occupied.

Obviously other costs apply: attorney, title insurance, prepaids etc.

I have perfect credit and the property cash flows with debt.

Does anyone know any lender who can do better than 4.25%?

I was hoping for low threes in a zero FED rate environment

0Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Stephanie P.Pro Member
Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
6y
Originally posted by @James Denon:

I am getting ready to cash out refinance a property I bought all cash back in June 2018 in Springfield, Massachusetts.

I got couple of quotes. I cant find any quote lower than 4.25% with 750 loan processing fee and no points. It is a portfolio loan not Fannie/Freddie backed.

The property is not owner occupied.

Obviously other costs apply: attorney, title insurance, prepaids etc.

I have perfect credit and the property cash flows with debt.

Does anyone know any lender who can do better than 4.25%?

I was hoping for low threes in a zero FED rate environment

 Your hope for low 3's for a non owner occupied, cash out refinance is unrealistic.  Take the 4.25 if it's still there and run.

Chasing rates will only make you miss the bottom.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · San Diego, CA · Member since 2019 · 874 posts · 355 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @James Denon:

    I am getting ready to cash out refinance a property I bought all cash back in June 2018 in Springfield, Massachusetts.

    I got couple of quotes. I cant find any quote lower than 4.25% with 750 loan processing fee and no points. It is a portfolio loan not Fannie/Freddie backed.

    The property is not owner occupied.

    Obviously other costs apply: attorney, title insurance, prepaids etc.

    I have perfect credit and the property cash flows with debt.

    Does anyone know any lender who can do better than 4.25%?

    I was hoping for low threes in a zero FED rate environment

    The Fed announced an emergency rate cut, mortgage rate could be lower, right?

    WRONG! THE FED DOESN'T SET MORTGAGE RATES. 

    None owner-occupied investment properties are priced based on Fico, risks, location and loan amount. Lenders are overwhelmed with the volume and they don't have the capacity to work on the number of loan requests. Its about supply and demand and the lending world is being tested. Don't expect Investment loans to be on the low end of mortgage prices even if its a portfolio funded loan, the risk is different than an FHA/VA/USDA/CONVENTIONAL LOANS.

    With U.S. interest rates at historic lows (FHA/VA/USDA/CONVENTIONAL LOANS), unprecedented Government stimulus, and the re-entry of the Fed into the agency and Government lending markets, there is now not enough capacity in the agency markets to serve a hurting America.



  • Stephanie P.Pro Member
    Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @James Denon:

    I am getting ready to cash out refinance a property I bought all cash back in June 2018 in Springfield, Massachusetts.

    I got couple of quotes. I cant find any quote lower than 4.25% with 750 loan processing fee and no points. It is a portfolio loan not Fannie/Freddie backed.

    The property is not owner occupied.

    Obviously other costs apply: attorney, title insurance, prepaids etc.

    I have perfect credit and the property cash flows with debt.

    Does anyone know any lender who can do better than 4.25%?

    I was hoping for low threes in a zero FED rate environment

     Your hope for low 3's for a non owner occupied, cash out refinance is unrealistic.  Take the 4.25 if it's still there and run.

    Chasing rates will only make you miss the bottom.

  • Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 800 posts · 229 votes
    6y

    take it now... definitely go for it. What are you gonna do with the cash out?

  • Ned J.Pro Member
    Investor · Manteca, CA · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y
    I just got quoted by WF for a 20 year fixed 3.875% but the loan cost is $7500...... so I passed....
  • Investor · Westbrook, CT · Member since 2016 · 79 posts · 27 votes
    6y

    @Guifre Mora @Stephanie P. I see what you are saying.. Maybe I will take that deal..

    I am also worried about paying the mortgage now. I may not be able to collect April rent. The Housing Courts are not taking new cases.

  • Investor · Westbrook, CT · Member since 2016 · 79 posts · 27 votes
    6y

    @Ned J. The rate is decent but the cost is pretty high.. Seems like they are charging points. I wouldnt want 20yr term anyway. It would kill the cash flow.

  • Investor · Westbrook, CT · Member since 2016 · 79 posts · 27 votes
    6y

    @Steve S. I will look the buy more deals. CV19 might present deals with people with liquidity.

    I also expect the stock market to start to bottom after another 15% drop. I might buy some quality dividend payers.

  • Stephanie P.Pro Member
    Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Ned J.:

    I just got quoted by WF for a 20 year fixed 3.875% but the loan cost is $7500...... so I passed....

    Ned,

    This is a perfect example of what I've been preaching for years.  It's not all about rate.  It's about the deal.  If the math works for you, do it.  If the math doesn't work, you pass and then on to the next deal.  Well done.

    Stephanie

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.