US Citizen living abroad getting Pro-approval for a mortgage

US Citizen living abroad getting Pro-approval for a mortgage

Rental Property Investor · Madrid, Spain · Member since 2014 · 134 posts · 18 votes

I am a US investor who currently works and lives in Europe.  I was surprised after calling a few of my favorite conventional mortgage providers that they're no longer providing mortgages for anyone whose income is generated outside the US. This wasn't the case last year and I am not sure what changed exactly.  Any recommendations on mortgage providers nationwide that deal with foreign investors?  I am a US Citizen so I am not technically a foreign investor but my income is mostly generated outside the US. 

0Reply
11 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · North Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Geo A.

    There are a couple lenders that my partner has worked with for expat financing. The one he ultimately uses provides similar terms to conventional mortgages but I believe the rates are ~2% higher than normal; possibly a bigger down payments as well. DM me if you want me to connect you two.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.