KANSAS CITY - 4-Plex - Cash Out Refi Lenders

KANSAS CITY - 4-Plex - Cash Out Refi Lenders

Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 17 posts · 12 votes

Hi BP Community - I am in the KC market and I have a 4-plex which has been renovated and fully rented. I have owned the property for over 6 months. I am ideally looking for a lender that would cash-out refinance out at 75% LTV. I am finding many lenders with 70% refi. That additional 5% would mean a lot. My credit is excellent and w-2 income is strong. Hoping to refinance with a 30 year note. Does anyone know of local/regional banks/CU's that would refinance at 75% LTV? I have read that there certainly are lenders that do it. I am just having trouble finding them. Really appreciate any guidance on this!

3Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Steven MayBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2018 · 262 posts · 250 votes
6y

@George White

Hey george, congrats on the 4plex rehab! Here's a list of credit unions I was told do 75% LTV - I am waiting a few months before I do mine so I'm not 100% sure these CU's are still doing that product but I hope this list of local CU's may assist you and I appreciate any feedback!

Community America

Mazuma CU

Edison CU

KC credit union

Heartland community CU

Azures CU

I’ll look through more of my resources I have saved in the past and assist you onward with any information I find out. Best of luck!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Loan Officer / Processor / Life & Health Agent · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 757 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @George White:

    Hi BP Community - I am in the KC market and I have a 4-plex which has been renovated and fully rented. I have owned the property for over 6 months. I am ideally looking for a lender that would cash-out refinance out at 75% LTV. I am finding many lenders with 70% refi. That additional 5% would mean a lot. My credit is excellent and w-2 income is strong. Hoping to refinance with a 30 year note. Does anyone know of local/regional banks/CU's that would refinance at 75% LTV? I have read that there certainly are lenders that do it. I am just having trouble finding them. Really appreciate any guidance on this!

    Fannie and Freddie will only go up to 70% LTV on 2 to 4 unit cash out. You'll need to find a portfolio loan, private money or a commercial loan if you want to go over 70% LTV.

  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 17 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    Thanks Shaun. I have read that smaller banks/CU's may hold their own mortgages and thus can go up to 75% on cashouts for 2 to 4 units. I suppose those banking resources are the type that I am searching for. Is this true or am I understanding it incorrectly?

  • Steven MayBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2018 · 262 posts · 250 votes
    6y

    @George White

    Hey george, congrats on the 4plex rehab! Here's a list of credit unions I was told do 75% LTV - I am waiting a few months before I do mine so I'm not 100% sure these CU's are still doing that product but I hope this list of local CU's may assist you and I appreciate any feedback!

    Community America

    Mazuma CU

    Edison CU

    KC credit union

    Heartland community CU

    Azures CU

    I’ll look through more of my resources I have saved in the past and assist you onward with any information I find out. Best of luck!

  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 17 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    @Steven May 

    Thank you so much for this. It is exactly what I was looking for!! I really appreciate it. I'll let you know what I find out!

  • Lee RipmaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Prairie Village, KS · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @George White

    Community America will do 75 LTV cash-out if you have held for a year. It will be a 20 year am with a 5 year ballon. If you can get that Fannie product at 70 LTV and plan to hold long term I'd probably go with that! Other local commerical banks will likely have similar terms to Community America. Be warned that local banks in KC are increasing down payment requirements, many are up to 30% down. This may be the case on Commerical cash outs too. Another reason why Fannie debt is a good choice.

  • Real Estate Broker · Dix Hills · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @George White hey there it’s chidiebere I would like to connect with you and learn more about your business goals . I see your a real estate investor. I love connecting with other like minded people to share value and become a helping hand. Best chidiebere

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.