Looking for a HELOC on an investment property in Texas

Looking for a HELOC on an investment property in Texas

Spring, TX · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 2 votes

I have an investment property in Texas (worth $200k, existing mortgage of $100k at 4.25% interest) and I want to either refinance or get a 2nd morgtage on. The banks have not been helpful, most of them straight up refusing to do a HELOC. I have a good tenant and don't want to sell, but I do want to tap the equity so I can invest it in another business.

How can I pull some equity out of the property?

0Reply
9 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Cameron TopePro Member
    Property Manager · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Hey Charles,

    I'm also seeing little cooperation from the banks for HELOCs. Have you thought of a cash-out refinance? I just did a refinance a couple months ago with no problems. 

  • Spring, TX · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Hmm, I got a quote for that, but it just seems ... wrong ... to refinance at a higher interest rate than what I have now.  

    Maybe that's my backup option

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.