Equity stuck in property and I want to continue investing

Equity stuck in property and I want to continue investing

Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 54 posts · 11 votes

I own three properties. One has about $280,0000 equity that I would like to use to continue investing. Due to my high debt to income, I am not able to qualify for a refinance.

Monthly Income: 

W2 2426

Property 1 Rent 2200

Property 2 Rent 2700

Total monthly income: 7326

Expenses: 

Property 1 Mortgage 1306

Property 2 Mortgage 2177

Property 3 Mortgage 1284 (This is a co-sign loan)

Total monthly expenses: 4767

Besides selling the property with the high equity, what are options or strategies I can use to continue growing my portfolio? 

0Reply
11 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Mechanicsburg, PA · Member since 2018 · 281 posts · 176 votes
    6y

    @Stephen Nava hi Stephen, not sure but you may want to look into a real estate line of credit - you'd likely need a high credit score though as a requirement. Other options are a private or hard money lender.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.