Usually how much reserves shown=loan amount from hardmoney lender

Usually how much reserves shown=loan amount from hardmoney lender

Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I have a quick question my wife and I are just getting into real estate. We want to focus on the brrrr strategy and are looking for financing with hard money lenders. I was just wondering based on reserves how much would you be pre approved for? We have 40kcash not including retirement accounts and we’ve been approved from a hml for 100k and I was just thinking that’s a little or is that standard thanks in advance!

0Reply
9 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Delran, NJ · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 951 votes
    6y

    It would depend on the LTV the lender is offering. At 100% financing I'd think you're closer to 200K with cushion. As your LTV comes down so does your buyability

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.