HELOCs for Investment Properties for SFH in GA

HELOCs for Investment Properties for SFH in GA

Investor · Lithonia, GA · Member since 2012 · 231 posts · 43 votes

Hi All,

I am an investor in the Atlanta GA area with 8 SFH properties that have some equity in them that I would want to utilize with a HELOC. My properties all have 1st mortgages but trying to find a way to get a HELOC on top of the 1st for the investment properties

Ideally I would leverage my 1st and 3rd property because combined my mortgages are 70k but total value of both is 320k. Would just get the HELOC under these two.

I've called a couple of banks and have gotten "No's". To save anyone else who is looking time I've listed the banks in GA who have rejected me. Does anyone have recommendations on where I could look?

Could a Commercial Lender potential help me?

PenFed

- They do HELOC on investment but if you have 4 or more properties they will only do on Primary house

Wells Fargo

- Not offering HELOCs during Covid

American Airlines Credit Union

- Only accessible to Airline workers

Peach State Federal Credit Union

- Do not offer HELOC on Investment properties

Georgia Own Credit Union

- Do not offer HELOC on Investment properties

Delta Community Credit Union

- Do not offer HELOC on Investment properties

0Reply
29 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2020 · 540 posts · 285 votes
    5y

    @Chukwudi Motanya

    Portfolio loan or commercial loan should allow you to combine all 8 and cash-out refi.

  • Ellenwood, GA · Member since 2016 · 267 posts · 70 votes
    5y

    @Chukwudi Motanya thanks for the list.

    Have you tried PNC or Synvous bank?

  • Investor · Lithonia, GA · Member since 2012 · 231 posts · 43 votes
    5y

    @Frank Hinck Thanks Frank, but would commercial allow me a revolving faculty? Ideally that’s what I would want 


    @Wendy S. they won’t do on investor property 

  • Rental Property Investor · Woodstock, GA · Member since 2017 · 517 posts · 772 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Chukwudi Motanya:

    Hi All,

    I am an investor in the Atlanta GA area with 8 SFH properties that have some equity in them that I would want to utilize with a HELOC. My properties all have 1st mortgages but trying to find a way to get a HELOC on top of the 1st for the investment properties

    Ideally I would leverage my 1st and 3rd property because combined my mortgages are 70k but total value of both is 320k. Would just get the HELOC under these two.

    I've called a couple of banks and have gotten "No's". To save anyone else who is looking time I've listed the banks in GA who have rejected me. Does anyone have recommendations on where I could look?

    Could a Commercial Lender potential help me?

    PenFed

    - They do HELOC on investment but if you have 4 or more properties they will only do on Primary house

    Wells Fargo

    - Not offering HELOCs during Covid

    American Airlines Credit Union

    - Only accessible to Airline workers

    Peach State Federal Credit Union

    - Do not offer HELOC on Investment properties

    Georgia Own Credit Union

    - Do not offer HELOC on Investment properties

    Delta Community Credit Union

    - Do not offer HELOC on Investment properties

     PenFed only offers HELOCs on investment properties if you own less than 4? That's a weird requirement. 

    All small banks and credit unions I've talked to DO NOT do Helocs on investment properties. Have not found one yet that will do it even with substantial equity. 

    If anyone has any, I'd love to apply for them. 

    Many are still lending 75% cash out after 6 months...but it'll take you 60 days (or more) to close on it. So start it early.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.