Building Investment Property, Need 400K Construction Loan

Building Investment Property, Need 400K Construction Loan

Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 2 votes

Hi, I want to build a 3 bedroom house to rent out, but my income is a bit low (60k) to qualify for a loan (need 80k). The property will cash flow the day it's completed and will have 20% equity since i'm building it myself (saving builder and realtor fees).

How can I present this deal to investors and where would I find lenders willing to do a creative deal?

1Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2022 · 36 posts · 18 votes
4y

I would recommend presenting your numbers on the property and other information in a way that is very clear to understand and keep it short!  Have confidence when you present it and ask many people. 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2022 · 36 posts · 18 votes
    4y

    I would recommend presenting your numbers on the property and other information in a way that is very clear to understand and keep it short!  Have confidence when you present it and ask many people. 

  • Lender · Nationwide Lender (48 states) · Member since 2022 · 43 posts · 16 votes
    4y

    Hi Adam,

    I might have an investor that might be able to help you out. I will reach out to him on Monday and get back with you!

  • Lender · Austin Texas · Member since 2022 · 319 posts · 156 votes
    4y

    Hey Adam!

    A few questions here and then I may be able to offer some advice. 

    Is the lot you are building on free and clear?

    How much time will the home build take?


    How much experience do you have with news construction?

  • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Yes I own the deed outright and have about 34k in Soils, site plan, driveway, and septic & structural engineering and architecture. Building permit is approved.

    I have built this exact house kit last year and have built 2 other houses for local contractors this year. You can look at my photo gallery on my company website: alpinecustomhomesco.com/gallery

     I’ve been doing carpentry for 20 years and also have some experience with excavation, concrete, electrical and plumbing. I’m also a licensed septic installer.

    The house will be dry and closed within 3 months and the CO should be issued within one year. Possibly shorter if I bring in a big crew, but I’d rather have a longer term on the loan just in case. 

    If you have any direction for me to make this a reality that would be fantastic.

  • Lender · Austin Texas · Member since 2022 · 319 posts · 156 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Adam Wilson:

    Yes I own the deed outright and have about 34k in Soils, site plan, driveway, and septic & structural engineering and architecture. Building permit is approved.

    I have built this exact house kit last year and have built 2 other houses for local contractors this year. You can look at my photo gallery on my company website: alpinecustomhomesco.com/gallery

     I’ve been doing carpentry for 20 years and also have some experience with excavation, concrete, electrical and plumbing. I’m also a licensed septic installer.

    The house will be dry and closed within 3 months and the CO should be issued within one year. Possibly shorter if I bring in a big crew, but I’d rather have a longer term on the loan just in case. 

    If you have any direction for me to make this a reality that would be fantastic.


     Depending a few factors I think you could get this done. Ill PM you. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.