LOKING FOR ADVICE.

LOKING FOR ADVICE.

Flipper/Rehabber · Miami Dade County, fl. · Member since 2015 · 45 posts · 5 votes


Good morning BP family,,

I am looking for advice on this new activity for my new purchase: I was approved by a funding company for $250,000 in the following terms: 

loan balance                           $ 250.000

Interest rate                              3%

loan term                                  30 years

Number of payments               360

Monthly loan repayment      $1.054 

Cumulative payments          $ 379.443

Total interest paid                  $ 129.343,60

To receive that deposit in my account I must pay a fee for 1125 to them to make it effective,

My question is: is that normal to be able to receive it?

Thank you for any advice you can give me, I'll be attentive.

0Reply
59 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Miami, FL · Member since 2019 · 46 posts · 22 votes
3y

Thanks for sharing and checking, thats what the form is for. As others have mentioned this doesn't sound legit. 

If this is a legitimate loan you should be able to ask for a Loan Estimate from the loan officer. I doubt you are getting a 3% rate. 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jaron WallingPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y

    @Sergio Moratto I can guarantee you're not getting a 3% interest rate. I'd find out exactly who this "funding company" really is. Conventional income based loans, with good credit, from a local lender is double that right now. 

    Is this a first time home buyer program? 

  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Sergio Moratto:


    Good morning BP family,,

    I am looking for advice on this new activity for my new purchase: I was approved by a funding company for $250,000 in the following terms: 

    loan balance                           $ 250.000

    Interest rate                              3%

    loan term                                  30 years

    Number of payments               360

    Monthly loan repayment      $1.054 

    Cumulative payments          $ 379.443

    Total interest paid                  $ 129.343,60

    To receive that deposit in my account I must pay a fee for 1125 to them to make it effective,

    My question is: is that normal to be able to receive it?

    Thank you for any advice you can give me, I'll be attentive.


     This is a scam for sure.  Terms too far below market are fake. How are they able to offer you 3% in a 6% world?

    Paying up front for anything besides the appraisal, after you get a house under contract, is a scam!

  • Lender · Okanagan, BC · Member since 2017 · 105 posts · 77 votes
    3y

    Good job doing your due diligence... There is a few red flags here.  

  • Real Estate Agent · Seattle, WA · Member since 2017 · 150 posts · 80 votes
    3y

    It sounds too good to be true. Get another quote from a local lender and you'll see how large of a difference it is. 

  • Realtor · Miami, FL · Member since 2019 · 46 posts · 22 votes
    3y

    Thanks for sharing and checking, thats what the form is for. As others have mentioned this doesn't sound legit. 

    If this is a legitimate loan you should be able to ask for a Loan Estimate from the loan officer. I doubt you are getting a 3% rate. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Miami Dade County, fl. · Member since 2015 · 45 posts · 5 votes
    3y
    Thank you very much for your invaluable information, thanks to: Jaron Wallings, Steve Vaughan, Christopher H, Denis Nguyen and Joe Biscaha for being here as advisors on the bigger Pockets Family. Thank you.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.