Hi Brian and Happy New Year. I want to better understand your JV with seller example. House is free and clear and ARV is $485K. I offer to pay for $50K in repairs and want to clear $20K profit, so I secure $70K with a note and deed of trust against the property. 90 days later the property sells for asking. Seller gets proceeds minus commission/closing costs of $45K and minus my note of $70K. Seller nets $370K. If I spend the entire $50K rehab budget, I make $20K.
Questions: where did the $50K repairs come from and how much did it cost? Do I really net $20K?
And, is managing a $50K rehab really better than wholesaling? :)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Hi @K. Marie, Happy New Year too! :)
Say you already K Marie have a rehab crew, you get them work, so you know the quality.
So you are not babysitting.
The $50K is private money.
The $20K is your profit, secured with a note and mortgage.
The JV needs cooperation though with the seller.
The plusses are you are avoiding holding costs, avoiding conveying title, and getting your profit assured.