Business equity line of credit

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2023 · 26 posts · 6 votes
3y
Quote from @Anthony Freeman:

Quick question did you do these HELOC on investment properties and do you see the LTV going back to 100%?

Yes, I used this strategy for the apartment complexes.

I think some lenders will do 100% eventually. It isn't extremely common but its likely you will see it. It also depends on how much equity you have in your home. Some lenders do have a maximum amount.

Credit unions are usually have better terms and are more flexible than banks from my experience.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew FreedBusiness Member
    Investor · Worcester, MA · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    @Anthony Freeman - Yes, I got a $50K unsecured LOC from a small local bank for one of my LLCs. It's a rare product for sure, but they are out there. Mine was a simple one page application where they asked for the LLCs revenue etc and did not verify much. Usually, they offer LOC for like 20-25% of the company's revenue. The bank I used was a small bank in CT called Liberty-Bank. I hope this helps!

  • Member since 2023 · 327 posts · 63 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Andrew Freed:

    @Anthony Freeman - Yes, I got a $50K unsecured LOC from a small local bank for one of my LLCs. It's a rare product for sure, but they are out there. Mine was a simple one page application where they asked for the LLCs revenue etc and did not verify much. Usually, they offer LOC for like 20-25% of the company's revenue. The bank I used was a small bank in CT called Liberty-Bank. I hope this helps!


     Thanks do you have any experience such as a homeowner using their home as collateral so the bank can grant you a business loan?  I have been doing some reading lately looking for real life examples thanks in advance.

  • Andrew PostellPro Member
    Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    3y

    @Anthony Freeman if we are talking about your primary home...what's the rub against using a standard HELOC?

  • Member since 2023 · 327 posts · 63 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Andrew Postell:

    @Anthony Freeman if we are talking about your primary home...what's the rub against using a standard HELOC?


     I like to have real world examples of everything I learn about. 

  • Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2023 · 26 posts · 6 votes
    3y

    @Anthony Freeman HELOCs are your best bet.

    A lot of lenders offer HELOCs at 80% or higher LTV. A couple of years ago, lenders would offer 90-100% LTV.

    Most banks and credit unions offer HELOCs and Home Equity Loans. Some offer different products like principal + interest, interest-only, fixed rate vs variable rate, or different LTVs. I personally stay away from HE Loans (called 2nd mortgages) because I can't re-use that capital llike I can with a HELOC.

    A few years ago, we had $97k in equity and a 100% LTV HELOC. We were able to use up to $97k in the line of credit. We used it to get into 2 apartment syndications initially for a total of 6 syndications in the last 3 years.

    Nowadays, the LTV would be 80-85% but that depends on the lender and how much equity you have.

    Hope that helps for an example.

  • Member since 2023 · 327 posts · 63 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Charlie Hardage:

    @Anthony Freeman HELOCs are your best bet.

    A lot of lenders offer HELOCs at 80% or higher LTV. A couple of years ago, lenders would offer 90-100% LTV.

    Most banks and credit unions offer HELOCs and Home Equity Loans. Some offer different products like principal + interest, interest-only, fixed rate vs variable rate, or different LTVs. I personally stay away from HE Loans (called 2nd mortgages) because I can't re-use that capital llike I can with a HELOC.

    A few years ago, we had $97k in equity and a 100% LTV HELOC. We were able to use up to $97k in the line of credit. We used it to get into 2 apartment syndications initially for a total of 6 syndications in the last 3 years.

    Nowadays, the LTV would be 80-85% but that depends on the lender and how much equity you have.

    Hope that helps for an example.


     Helps alot thanks 

  • Member since 2023 · 327 posts · 63 votes
    3y

    Quick question did you do these HELOC on investment properties and do you see the LTV going back to 100%?

  • Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2023 · 26 posts · 6 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Anthony Freeman:

    Quick question did you do these HELOC on investment properties and do you see the LTV going back to 100%?

    Yes, I used this strategy for the apartment complexes.

    I think some lenders will do 100% eventually. It isn't extremely common but its likely you will see it. It also depends on how much equity you have in your home. Some lenders do have a maximum amount.

    Credit unions are usually have better terms and are more flexible than banks from my experience.

  • Member since 2023 · 327 posts · 63 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Charlie Hardage:
    Quote from @Anthony Freeman:

    Quick question did you do these HELOC on investment properties and do you see the LTV going back to 100%?

    Yes, I used this strategy for the apartment complexes.

    I think some lenders will do 100% eventually. It isn't extremely common but its likely you will see it. It also depends on how much equity you have in your home. Some lenders do have a maximum amount.

    Credit unions are usually have better terms and are more flexible than banks from my experience.


     Thank you

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.