Real Estate Agent · Seattle, WA · Member since 2020 · 161 posts · 105 votes
1y
@Lindsey Waltz I'm not overly experienced with traditional subdividing of lots. Though I'm familiar with a lending team that can help you get permits for additional structures on a parcel, condo-ize the lot splitting it into 2 or 3 parcels, and encumber the main house with all the debt.
This gives you a free and clear parcel or two separate from the main home. From there, they can get you 0% down loan to develop the additional parcels. Happy to make an intro if that might be a good fit for what you're looking to do.
Lender · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 277 votes
1y
@Lindsey Waltz..how minimal out of pocket are you thinking? Do you have any experience with a project like this? A lot of it will come down to the deal strength, and then your financial strength. But if you have no experience, it's going to be extremely difficult (this is just my experience from having placed construction loans over the last 10+ years). I'd be interested to hear more.