Raising Capital for a Probate Auction for a Great Property

Raising Capital for a Probate Auction for a Great Property

Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 0 votes

Hey guys,

I'm sure people ask this question all the time but I recently found out about a probate auction in the Los Angeles area on a really great property! This property is a really good find in a great area and I really want to be able to purchase it. At this time I'm not sure I have enough capital to be competitive. Any ideas on how I can raise enough capital in about one month to try to buy it? I would need capital to acquire the property and fix it up. I'm thinking somewhere around $500K. It needs some work but it's a good size in a great location. Again, this property is a find and I really don't want to pass it up. I I really believe I can turn this into something great. Any help is appreciated.

0Reply
26 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Vendor · Rocklin, CA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    One route you can go is to find a real estate developer or builder who can do a joint venture project with you and split the profits when you flip it.

    OR

    The more creative option is to acquire a short term private money loan in order for you to acquire the property and then pay it back within a 2-5 year span. In this case, you would preferably have a portion of your own money to put into the project. I am a Californian as well so let me know if you want me to put you in touch with some private money guys who might be able to help.

    Wish you the best of luck!

    -Pete

  • Lender · Greater LA/Orange County area, CA · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    @Jules Dominguez Given that the property is listed in a public auction, what do you feel you contribute to the formula that someone else (with money) would lack?

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Pete, I'm strongly considering doing a private loan on a flip. Due to the large costs involved and the location I need to raise more money than I have to contribute to make this a viable option. So would def like to learn more about the loans they have to offer. It really is a great find which is why I'm really considering creative financing for the property. Please send me more info.

    Rick, I'm quite familiar with the area. I think I have the ability to really turn this in to a phenomenal property with the right renovations and additions. Further more, I'm also considering taking a cost analysis on the property for doing a full rebuild and building a much larger house on the lot. This is very common for the area the property is in. It is a great property in a great location. 

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Thanks for the help!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.