Does Portfolio lender or Hard money care about Front/End DTI?

Does Portfolio lender or Hard money care about Front/End DTI?

Real Estate Investor · Rockville, MD · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 2 votes

I bought a primary residency house few months ago, so far my front DTI=27% and End DTI=33%. It seems like these number will scare off the conventional loan. I am wondering whether local back portfolio lender or even hard money lender care it or not. Do they only care about the deals, or they need a better DTI number of applicant? Thank you guys very much.

0Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Topeka, KS · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Any lender is going to want to feel that you have a reasonable ability to repay the loan. Though I have never dealt with a portfolio lender or HML, my understanding is that the asset itself is the most important part of the equation. That being said, they will likely want a complete picture before moving on the deal.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.