Crafting an offer to a semi-motivated seller

Crafting an offer to a semi-motivated seller

Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 1 vote

I've been working the BRRrr strategy since December (or at least the first 3 steps of it...LOL...bought 3, remodeled & rented them out.  I have the 4th closing in a few weeks.  All good until now...

I received a referral to an out-of-state landlord with a free & clear property who wants to sell.  the 3/2 has a current tenant and it was remodeled a year ago after an eviction.  all capX items are newer.  I asked my banker for a loan amount so I can make an offer that will have zero down.  I'm willing to pay a little more though.  So I thought I'd make him two offers:  1) Cash equal to the loan less closing cost  2) Cash equal to the loan less closing cost + small seller carry back for another 5%.  So far my experience had been 3 foreclosures & 1 good deal through retail channel with RE agent.  So I'm new to working directly with seller.  Thoughts?  Any other recommended strategies?

0Reply
11 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Beaumont, TX · Member since 2015 · 161 posts · 77 votes
    10y
    Have you explored seller financing as an option?
  • Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Not yet but I plan to.  We'll see what he says.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.