Are there any lenders that would allow a Wrap a Round Mortgage

Are there any lenders that would allow a Wrap a Round Mortgage

Investor · Jenkintown, PA · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 0 votes

I have a property in the Philadelphia area that I have owned for over 12 years and I currently have a Rent to Own Tenant/Buyer in place for about 2 years. Their credit is in the high 500's, so their not ready to get a mortgage. I am going to have to refinance the property in about 6 months do to the term coming due. Does anyone know of a Bank or Mortgage company that I could refinance with that would allow me to sell the property to my Tenant/Buyer on a wrap around mortgage?

Thanks,

Daryl 

0Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Arlington, TX · Member since 2012 · 788 posts · 640 votes
10y

Nope.....only private lenders will allow this.  I would suggest a straight lease and once tenants are qualified to buy they can purchase outright. 

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 180 posts · 69 votes
    10y

    @Daryl Jarrett wrap around mortgages are a cool idea, but I'm sure as you know, banks don't like them. I unfortunately don't know of any, but if I find one I will be sure to pass the knowledge your way! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Arlington, TX · Member since 2012 · 788 posts · 640 votes
    10y

    Nope.....only private lenders will allow this.  I would suggest a straight lease and once tenants are qualified to buy they can purchase outright. 

  • Hendersonville, TN · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    Agree with Rocky. In my experience, only private lenders will allow this. We do some of these in Tennessee.  Some real estate agents say they are illegal, but not in Tennessee. Always best to check with your local state laws.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.