How can I use the BP Calculators and consider a 2nd Trust Deed?

How can I use the BP Calculators and consider a 2nd Trust Deed?

Investor · Eagle River, AK · Member since 2015 · 121 posts · 45 votes

I'm an avid fan of BP and especially appreciate the calculators in "Tools" that have been provided for us, however, I'm finding a need to consider "alternative financing" such as making offers to include 2nd trust deeds as part of my decision process. I don't see a way to "click" and input other financing, does anyone know how to include that or can you suggest a workaround? While I'm at it, is it possible to consider assumable loans and a remaining life on the loan of maybe 3 or 5 or 9.5 years (for example) at XX% with a current balance of XX? Or can you suggest a workaround for that as well? Thanks for your help. 

0Reply
23 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Eagle River, AK · Member since 2015 · 121 posts · 45 votes
    9y

    I'm not sure this questions was posted. Is there anyone out there with an answer?

  • Real Estate Investor · Burlington, VT · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Dolly Caswell  You can just put it into a spreadsheet and have one line for the 1st mortgage payment and one for the 2nd.  You can use a mortgage calculator to arrive at each number and then plug into a spreadsheet, and then add in your other expenses.  Excel has it's own function to calculate it if you're handy with Excel, but otherwise just go online, punch in your specifics of each loan and get the monthly payment.

    Hope that helps,

    Tom

  • Investor · Eagle River, AK · Member since 2015 · 121 posts · 45 votes
    9y

    Thanks, @ Tom S. I REALLY appreciate your reply.  I was beginning to think my post wasn't working.

    I was just hoping I could put it all in one of the calculators here in BP. They are so neat and professional looking......

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.