Fund & Grow Financing

Fund & Grow Financing

Justin SheleyBusiness Member
Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2016 · 94 posts · 220 votes

After listening to the Clayton Morris podcast (EP115 with Mike Banks) about the company Fund & Grow, I became intrigued with the idea of using business credit cards to buy rental properties using the BRRRR method. The whole concept seemed too good to be true, so I hopped on BiggerPockets to see what people were saying about Fund & Grow. I always find great content here, and more often than not I find the answer to my question before I even need to post and ask about it. However, with Fund & Grow, I didn't find much. (If anyone knows of a discussion about Fund & Grow that I didn't find please link me to it) There are a few discussions where people were considering using Fund & Grow to finance a deal, but none that I saw that went all the way through the process and used the funds to find a deal.

That being said, I decided to start this discussion post and share my experience with the company from day 1 till I refinance and hopefully complete the BRRRR method.

For anyone not familiar with Fund & Grow, they are a company started by Ari Page that helps you establish business lines of credit for the purpose of creating working capital for small businesses. In my case, I will be using the line of credit to buy properties in Rockford, IL and rehab them into rental properties.

Phase 1:

Currently I have enrolled with Fund & Grow and completed my initial consultation. This cost $3,000 for their service of negotiating and securing the business credit cards. I spent 1 hr on the phone with a very friendly consultant and discussed my plans for the business credit and established a sole proprietorship for both my wife and I. This allows the business lines of credit to not affect my personal credit score.  The first push for business credit will begin next week, and I should have access to an anticipated 60k by the following week. My wife is not currently receiving accounts yet until a more established credit history can be created for her.  We are currently lining up several refinancing options with banks in the area so that they are aware of what we intend to do. Currently we are being told that we can refinance the properties we buy with cash after 6 months. This is key for us, because we intend to buy and hold these properties and do not want to get stuck after the initial 12 months of 0% interest expires on our business credit cards.

Phase 2 is going to be actually receiving the cash into our account and making our cash purchase. I tried for brevity sake to not go into the entire Fund & Grow concept in my initial post, but if anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns I'd love to discuss them.

43Reply
9,861 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Peabody, MA · Member since 2015 · 82 posts · 49 votes
9y
I used a similar system to receive roughly $40,000 in credit cards at 0% for a 12 month period. The company I used took 10% upfront and then helped me liquidate everything so I had usable funds fairly quick. I was able to do a flip with the funding I received and pay back all the money before my interest free period ran out. It was expensive, but the flip more than covered everything and I was able to get in the game. I would do it all over again if I had to.
See this reply in the discussion

885 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    8y
    @Gilbert Joseph I think the easiest way would be to buy bitcoin and then sell it and deposit proceeds in bank. I personally can buy up to 25k on credit card weekly and wire in 100k. I can withdraw to my bank 50k a week. The cc. Fee is relatively small and withdrawal is free I believe whole process would be about 3 days.
  • Specialist · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2018 · 33 posts · 19 votes
    8y

    Amazing stuff here... I really appreciate everyone's contributions!

  • Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    To my fellow BiggerPocketer's. I wanted you all to know, so far my experience with Fund&Grow has been great!! Jason Alonso helped me achieve a total of $178,000 and I am looking forward to my next batch!! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Blacklick, OH · Member since 2015 · 111 posts · 80 votes
    8y

    nice @Chris Johnson it’s great to have good credit first!

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    A couple months ago I did not know anything about Fund and Grow. Now I will definitely tell people about it. Brandon Kroon is the account specialist who has been helping me with the process. I had to email him to ask him a lot of questions, and yet he was still kind to me. He is a very patient man. He always keeps me update about what is going on. So far he has helped me getting about $20k in personal credit, which has allowed me to start working toward my goals. I am very excited about my journey with Fun and Grow, and a BIG THANKs to Brandon for his kindness, his patience, and availability. I will post an update once I receive the business credits.

  • Rental Property Investor · Estero, FL · Member since 2016 · 195 posts · 105 votes
    8y

    Is anyone using their new credit for buy and hold property 20% down payments and using traditional mortgage for financing? Just curious if someone is using that strategy and how they are handling paying it back.

  • Port Huron, MI · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    So far my experience with Fund&Grow has been great!! Jason Alonso helped me achieve a total of $20,500 and I am looking forward to my next batch!! This will help me run my business and add some flexibility. With Jason's knowledge and expertise I feel very comfortable moving forward with this company! It has been a pleasure, Thank you Fund&Grow!!

  • Prescott, AZ · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    I received $37,500 in funding during the first round. I was hoping for more, since I have access to twice this much in personal credit, but I am hoping to do much more during the second round. Sabrina was great.

  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    I have been learning about running my own small business and real estate investing for decades, which is how I learned about Fund & Grow. Fund & Grow has been one of the best financial decisions that I have ever made. Anthony and his crew were the most knowledgeable counselors and negotiators that I have ever encountered. I started their program back in January 2018 and started working through some credit repair.  I was approved for $29,500 in business credit cards after my first round.

    I am retired and will working full-time on my businesses and investing. You will definitely continue to be part of my business strategy in the future. Thank you guys for providing quality, professional service!!!

    Sincerely,

    Oliver 

  • Developer · . · Member since 2014 · 520 posts · 162 votes
    8y

    Glowing testimonials coming from folks with 1 or 3 posts.  #justsaying

  • Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    I think that a reason that many of the posters that give the glowing reviews only have 1-3 posts is because they are just starting out in the world of REI and don't have the financial backing like many of the REI veterans do and so they go looking for creative ways of financing their deals. Typically an REI veteran is going to have many posts on here and subsequently more money in the bank or maybe more savvy ways to fund their deals and would not need a service like fund and grow.

  • Forum Troll · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    I just finished round 1 with John.  It was as described in the forums here, I closed with $47,500.  It went fast and was well instructed.  Some cards come in low and are raised in the first week by the account specialist.  

  • Edison, NJ · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    What a terrific experience. I began working with Fund and Grow mid August. By mid September, my wife and I have approximately $85,000 of zero percent credit for periods of 9 to 18 months. Unbelievable. We immediately bought our first rental. And here's the best part: there's 3 additional rounds where more cards are going to come in. For those folks who need the additional kick start to pursuing real estate deals, this is it. It was referred by Clayton morris and we never looked back.

  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Very efficient and effective service. John Madison, the guy that did the work for me, in about a month, increased my personal credit line, over 5 cards, by $24,900. He calls that the "first round of negotiations".

    I asked him to pause while I attend to other matters, but he'd otherwise be continuing on to round two. I don't even know where that'll place me. I do know, already, though, that my business can easily acquire quite a bit more capital, thanks to his work.

    If you're kicking the tires on Fund and Grow, know that they have this customer's ringing endorsement!

  • Wholesaler · Milton, MA · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Jason at Fund and Grow was very helpful and raised a large amount of capital via credit cards at zero percent interest. I am currently shifting my monthly expenses on to these cards so I can use other capital for acquisitions.

  • Andy MadridPro Member
    New York, NY · Member since 2013 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Brandon Kroon, my Fund&Grow consultant, was very professional and was able to obtain a sizeable line of credit for me from four banks. I declined a fifth bank because it was seeking a lot more information for an amount that pales in comparison to the other four so I asked Brandon to abandon that application. I was inspired to up my real estate investing game, so to speak, after my wife and I bought a second multi family. I had heard David Lindahl speak before and when his organization reached out to me for a bootcamp I reached out to F&G to obtain financing for the coaching program I joined. Despite the upfront fee, I found it worthwhile to go forward with F&G.

  • Rental Property Investor · Estero, FL · Member since 2016 · 195 posts · 105 votes
    7y

    Is anyone using Fund & Grow for Buy and Hold properties? If so what is your strategy with the funding?

  • Real Estate Investor · Staten Island, NY · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    Does anyone know how much plastiq lets you cash out of the cards? Is there a limit on each card, for example for a 50k credit limit do they let you pull out all 50k?

  • Rental Property Investor · Blacklick, OH · Member since 2015 · 111 posts · 80 votes
    7y

    @Sulaiman Shah I use Plastiq, you wasn’t suppose to say cash advance. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Staten Island, NY · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    @Maurice Colbert If you can help me out on what I'm supposed to do. What strategy did you use to pull out the money?

  • Oxford, PA · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    I was referred to fund&Grow by Clayton Morris. Brandon Koon at fund&grow was able to get me $52000.00 in business credit cards

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 1 vote
    7y

    Fund & Grow helped secure $163,000 in credit for my company in two rounds of funding This was in both new and expanding existing credit. It is great to have a trusted company help with this process. Hiring Fund & Grow gave me more time to spend on my business while they took care of everything else.

  • Morrisonville, NY · Member since 2013 · 61 posts · 46 votes
    7y

    I received over 100K in cards. This sounds great, but pulling cash off them is tough. If you want to use them for purchases or make bill payments through Plastiq, it works well. If you were planning to pay off your personal HELOC, forget it.

  • Morrisonville, NY · Member since 2013 · 61 posts · 46 votes
    7y

    @Sulaiman Shah Pulling money off them to buy a property is close to impossible.

  • Real Estate Investor · Staten Island, NY · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    @Richard Patrie thanks that is exactly the concern I have. I see too many reviews saying they got a bunch of money but none say anything about how they utilized it.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.