Best Way To Finance Future Properties In My Situation.

Best Way To Finance Future Properties In My Situation.

FLL · Member since 2016 · 98 posts · 20 votes

So for starters, I like to dabble in the cheap housing segment, currently bank with chase and chase doesn't do mortgages on these cheap homes I like to buy. Over the last 24 months in Houston I've been able to acquire 4 townhomes ranging from 1400-2000 sq ft for $50k,$50k,$63k, and $64k. They rent solidly for $800-950/mo and realistically I could probably go higher but Im not interested in squeezing every single dollar out as Im more interested in quality of tenants and im already getting well over 1%/month so Im thrilled. I invest in these properties to supplement income, I already have a business.

Anyways I've paid cash for all 4 properties + have 2 pieces of land I lease out as well. I spent almost $500k total cash for the 6 properties and I'd like to know how to best finance these cheap properties in the future. I genuinely hate applying for mortgages, I have one on my house + another on my vacation home and the process makes me want to rip what little hair I have left out. Is there any way for some perhaps smaller bank to set up some sort of cash access line to buy these homes quick and an interest rate thats low? I just dont want to apply for a mortgage for each and every one.

Are there any banks that let me borrow against all 4 properties I have, Im assuming I can't borrow vs the land? If the 4 homes are worth lets say $300k what amount could I borrow and at what terms, bc those 4 properties are grossing almost $4000/mo today and Id like to maximize my returns.

0Reply
7 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    9y
    There are different lenders who would loan to you on a property at 50k or slightly above. You could also get a HELOC on your primary residences.
  • FLL · Member since 2016 · 98 posts · 20 votes
    9y

    Thanks for the reply caleb, I dont really want to borrow on my residence or vacation home. What I'd like to borrow on are the 6 rental properties I have. 4 townhomes and 2 pieces of land. The 4 townhomes gross near $4000/mo so thats why Im interested in tapping into the equity and maybe doubling the portfolio size bc money is cheap. The 4 townhomes total are worth $260k give or take. What could I realistically borrow against them and what are the terms of such a loan? Im trying to see what I need to research bc chase apparently doesn't have products like that. Are there any ways to bundle the land into the total bc the 2 lands are worth $150-175k each.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y
    Send me a PM. I know a few local banks that might do it. If you have 4x properties worth $275k you should be able to take out about $200k at about 6%. You're not going to get that cheap 4% 30 year money unless you want to do the terrible traditional loan you are trying to avoid (I don't blame you) If you wanted to borrow the $ on a short term basis you could use a HML that would easily put debt on them.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.