owner/seller financed properties in BP marketplace

owner/seller financed properties in BP marketplace

Irvine, CA · Member since 2016 · 243 posts · 59 votes

Hi Everyone,

I am looking specifically for deals that come with owner or seller financing. I have been looking almost exclusively on Craigslist. Is there any way to search for these types of properties on the BP market place at all? I cannot seem to figure out how to add the owner/seller finance as a filter in the search engine?

I am travelling across the US this July and will be looking for owner financed properties all over the country.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much.

David

0Reply
23 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew PostellPro Member
    Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    @David Rutledge I would suggest that you change how you think of owner financing.  Try to think of it as a solution to close a deal rather than a product to seek out.  It might be possible to find a home that has owner financing attached but what if it's not a good deal?  What if it's overpriced?  As an alternative, if you find a property where the seller is "motivated" but perhaps on the fence, then offer owner financing as a way to close the deal.  The owner will receiving more money (with the interest rate) and it might bring the transaction closer to being completed.  Finding the property is the hardest step.  Hope this helps.

  • Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 20 votes
    9y
    David, I was reading posts and saw your question. Though I'm not aware of a filter, I personally have a few properties in Memphis TN I'm looking to sell and will owner finance. One is posted here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/517/topics/462400-turnkey-property-in-memphis-tn?page=1#p2862375 Happy to share more if you're interested.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.