looking for a way to get funding for a 5 unit apartment project.

looking for a way to get funding for a 5 unit apartment project.

Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I own a property outright that is zoned for a 5 unit apartment building.    I already have plans that are city approved and the original building has already been demoed and made ready for the construction.  I have found borrowing the money to be the final challenge.  and, I need help. how does this get done?

0Reply
9 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Greenwich, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    @Tim Kennedy, usually through a construction loan. You'll probably have to partner with an experienced developer/builder. No way you get the loan without having done this successfully before.

    Not trying to be negative, but have you run the numbers? New construction of such a small size usually doesn't pencil out, which is why the only new construction you see in most places are SFHs or large complexes.

  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 791 posts · 479 votes
    7y

    @Tim Kennedy have you checked with a community bank you have done business with and knows you well?

  • Lender · Hackensack, NJ · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 372 votes
    7y

    Where is the property located at? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.