Where can I get the down payment for my rehab loan?

Where can I get the down payment for my rehab loan?

Flipper/Rehabber · Port Orange, FL · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote

I am approved for most of the purchase and rehab. They said I would need a down payment. Where can I get this with no out of pocket expense? I Probably need about 50k.

0Reply
14 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Are you flipping with conventional bank loans? Or is there a private money lender that wants you to have "x" amount of skin in the game?

  • Member since 2018 · 101 posts · 14 votes
    7y

    will the seller finance the down payment or roll it into the loan.

  • Rental Property Investor · Higginson, AR · Member since 2016 · 48 posts · 46 votes
    7y

    1.look for a portfolio lender, If this one says no, there's another close by.   

    2.If your purchase price and rehab combined is more that 75% of the finished market value,      look for a better deal. you will have a 25% sweat equity when finished.  

    3. use other properties equity to help guarantee collateral.  

    4. Take on a partner with previous loan experience and connections.

    Those are 4 ideas that I can come up with quick. usually about 2 A.M.  I set up awake and think of a workable option. 

    when we buy we sit down over a cup of coffee plan our strategy for rehab. decide on the lender we would like to use. also plan the back up lender. if the first wont help us , the second, third, fourth, fifth are presented the package.  The first loan is the hardest. after that it gets easier After you build a history with the lenders. 

    We have done the no money down method many times now. 

    Remember this is a business, don't fall in love with any of them.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.