in a brrr, is it normal for bank to ask for hud?

in a brrr, is it normal for bank to ask for hud?

Investor · Sinton, TX · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 1 vote

I’m trying my first brrr and I’m ready to refinance. The bank is asking for the hud and a list of improvements with costs. Is that normal? Thanks for the help in advance.

0Reply
29 views

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Greenwich, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    @Zac Kay, how long have you had the property? Most banks are good with an new appraisal after a 6-month seasoning period.

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    Generally speaking this is done by an appraiser, and they sometimes ask for those documents. It's an annoying, but sometimes necessary step to get financing. 

  • Lender · Salem, NH · Member since 2014 · 46 posts · 23 votes
    7y

    If you are over 6 months from your initial purchase, this is likely a non significant clerical requirement to justify the increase in value in a short period of time. 

    If you are within 6 months of purchase, your loan amount may be limited to your final HUD amount depending on your lender/program.

    Let me know if I can help. 

    Thanks! 

  • Investor · Sinton, TX · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Sean LeBlanc. Thank you for your reply. I’m within the 6 month timeframe. This bank doesn’t require a seasoning period. I guess I will provide the requested info and see what happens. Thanks!

  • Investor · Sinton, TX · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Nick C. Thanks for your response. I will supply the requested docs and see what happens. Thanks

  • Investor · Sinton, TX · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Jaysen this is within the 6 month period. This bank doesn’t require a seasoning. I’m going to supply the docs requested and see what happens. Thanks for the response!

  • Lender · Salem, NH · Member since 2014 · 46 posts · 23 votes
    7y

    @Zac Kay keep us posted ! Would love to hear how it turns out. Is the lender a portfolio lender of some kind? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Greenwich, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    @Zac Kay, what bank are you using that doesn't require a seasoning period? We all want to know!

  • Investor · Sinton, TX · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Its a small regional bank, prosperity bank. 

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    @Zac Kay it is totally normal for a bank to ask for all kinds of things that make no sense or difference.

  • Loan Officer / Processor / Life & Health Agent · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 757 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Zac Kay:

    I’m trying my first brrr and I’m ready to refinance. The bank is asking for the hud and a list of improvements with costs. Is that normal? Thanks for the help in advance.

    They're asking for the HUD from the original purchase to see if it was a cash purchase or financed. If financed, you won't qualify for delayed financing exception. Hopefully that bank also has a portfolio product for you in case you didn't by cash or with a HELOC.

    I hope this helps.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.