HML for a Buy and Hold In Georgia

HML for a Buy and Hold In Georgia

Rental Property Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Hello,

I am considering buying a duplex in or near Atlanta, GA. I'd like to move I to one side and rent the other. Does anyone have recommendations for a hard money lender that does longer terms for rentals, with competitive interest rates and low down payment requirement?

0Reply
9 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Atlanta · Member since 2018 · 126 posts · 81 votes
    7y

    Hi @Collin Allen, check out Fund Source.

    www.fundsourceonline.com

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 80 posts · 53 votes
    7y

    You can look through our directory and subject your info to get a quote from lots of different HMLs in your state!

  • Rental Property Investor · Lawrenceville, GA · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Why not use a FHA 203k loan since you'll be an owner occupant?

  • Mortgage Broker · Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 657 posts · 275 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Collin Allen:

    Hello,

    I am considering buying a duplex in or near Atlanta, GA. I'd like to move I to one side and rent the other. Does anyone have recommendations for a hard money lender that does longer terms for rentals, with competitive interest rates and low down payment requirement?

    You might have a hard time with a hard money lender if the property is going to be owner-occupied, they normally stay away from that. I would look into just getting a regular loan such as FHA.

  • Rental Property Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Thanks so much for the feedback everyone! I will definitely check those sources out. I do agree with the FHA route but I already have an FHA loan on my current home. However, I also agree with the property being nonowner occupied making it much easier to get a HML so I will probably not be moving into it in that case which will also help me avoid having to refinance my current mortgage.

  • Mortgage Broker · Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 657 posts · 275 votes
    7y

    @Collin Allen you can have more than one FHA loan as long as it makes sense. If you are just trying to house hack then you might not have a good reason though.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.