I thought the HomePath Prgm. Was done??

I thought the HomePath Prgm. Was done??

Realtor · Moorestown, NJ · Member since 2019 · 86 posts · 24 votes

I just saw a property that was listed as a Fannie Mae HomePath property. I thought this program was closed in 2014. So I wonder how much of the funding it still available. Has anyone bought these properties before and what was your experience? What’s the cap on the Reno budget? I’m assuming it’s like a 203K but for bank owned properties.. any help would be great.

0Reply
21 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew PostellPro Member
    Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    @Corey Kenney I think you might be having this confused with something else maybe?  The HomePath program is just foreclosed properties that Fannie Mae has.  There will always be foreclosed properties....just more available or fewer available depending upon what is going on in society/economy. 

    What the HomePath program is NOT is financing.  You would have to secure your own financing separately.  The HomePath is just the foreclosed properties that Fannie Mae has available.  You can purchase one with any lending options that you see fit...just like a normal home or a normal "foreclosed" home.  I hope all of this makes sense but let me know if you have any other questions.  Thanks!

  • Realtor · Moorestown, NJ · Member since 2019 · 86 posts · 24 votes
    7y

    @Andrew Postell

    Andrew thanks for clarification. My comment was based on a quick google search where there was a link to info regarding HomePath mortgage financing which stated that it was a program that was closed in 2014 that was put in place for Fannie Mae properties that required light to moderate rehabs, Where the loan covered both the purchase and the renovation. I guess you can’t believe everything you read?

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    Homepath (Fannie Mae) Did offer financing for their properties year back.....no longer.

  • Andrew PostellPro Member
    Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    @Corey Kenney the Fannie Mae program that offers renovations now is called the Fannie Mae HomeStyle. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.