Mortgage Calculator for Seller Finance HELP

Mortgage Calculator for Seller Finance HELP

Rental Property Investor · Kennett Sq, PA · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 4 votes

Hi all!

Im trying to figure out the financial side of a seller finance deal and need some help.

Basically what im trying to figure is a way to make a balloon calculator in excel based of the following criteria
I want the payment to be $500 a month, 3% rate, 175,000 purchase price, 5 year balloon. How do I calculate what the balloon payment will be after 5 years and how do I create a amortization schedule?

Any help is much appreciated it!!

0Reply
55 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Gary, IN · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 32 votes
5y

@Bas DeVries I made a spreadsheet for you.

Based on your criteria it looks like what you have is a 175k loan amortized over 832 months (69.333 years) at 3%. That results in a $500.00 monthly payment and a 5 year balloon amount of $170,959.58.

Link to spreadsheet below if you want to look at how this stuff is calculated. Should answer all your questions in this post, and I'll be happy to try to answer any other questions about it.

It can also serve as a calculator for any other amortizations.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FFUF3412NmU7iK6gAcGYVJ4Poy6yhzvY/view?usp=drivesdk

Please take this with a grain of salt, I'm not a qualified expert, just a dude with excel. Best of luck!

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Gary, IN · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 32 votes
    5y

    @Bas DeVries I made a spreadsheet for you.

    Based on your criteria it looks like what you have is a 175k loan amortized over 832 months (69.333 years) at 3%. That results in a $500.00 monthly payment and a 5 year balloon amount of $170,959.58.

    Link to spreadsheet below if you want to look at how this stuff is calculated. Should answer all your questions in this post, and I'll be happy to try to answer any other questions about it.

    It can also serve as a calculator for any other amortizations.

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FFUF3412NmU7iK6gAcGYVJ4Poy6yhzvY/view?usp=drivesdk

    Please take this with a grain of salt, I'm not a qualified expert, just a dude with excel. Best of luck!

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Caleb Teachout:

    @Bas DeVries I made a spreadsheet for you.

    Based on your criteria it looks like what you have is a 175k loan amortized over 832 months (69.333 years) at 3%. That results in a $500.00 monthly payment and a 5 year balloon amount of $170,959.58.

    Link to spreadsheet below if you want to look at how this stuff is calculated. Should answer all your questions in this post, and I'll be happy to try to answer any other questions about it.

    It can also serve as a calculator for any other amortizations.

    https://drive.google.com/file/... take this with a grain of salt, I'm not a qualified expert, just a dude with excel. Best of luck!

    Or.....it works out to just about a 30 year term, 0% interest  

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    5y

    @Bas DeVries Your $500/mo is not reasonable for a $175k. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Kennett Sq, PA · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 4 votes
    5y
    Thanks so much for doing this! I will take a look at it !

    Originally posted by @Caleb Teachout:

    @Bas DeVries I made a spreadsheet for you.

    Based on your criteria it looks like what you have is a 175k loan amortized over 832 months (69.333 years) at 3%. That results in a $500.00 monthly payment and a 5 year balloon amount of $170,959.58.

    Link to spreadsheet below if you want to look at how this stuff is calculated. Should answer all your questions in this post, and I'll be happy to try to answer any other questions about it.

    It can also serve as a calculator for any other amortizations.

    https://drive.google.com/file/... take this with a grain of salt, I'm not a qualified expert, just a dude with excel. Best of luck!

  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Caleb Teachout I am new to Bigger Pockets forums (listener of the BP rookies podcast) but found this thread through a google search. Your spread sheet sounds super helpful. Is there a way you could link that to me? I tried to copy and paste but it denied me access. Thanks! Blake 

  • Rental Property Investor · Gary, IN · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 32 votes
    5y

    @Blake Scott just granted you access via email. Let me know if you need anything. Good luck!

  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Caleb Teachout awesome, got it to my email. Thanks! 

  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes
    4y

    @Caleb Teachout I just came across this thread and would love it if you could share the excel sheet with me. 

  • Investor · PHX AZ · Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    3y

    @Caleb Teachout I was just looking into this and creating my own. I am always learning so much from BP community. Sent a request.You mind sharing with me as well? 

  • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    @Caleb Teachout I'd love access to your excel sheet too please! 

  • Investor · NJ · Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Caleb Teachout:

    @Bas DeVries I made a spreadsheet for you.

    Based on your criteria it looks like what you have is a 175k loan amortized over 832 months (69.333 years) at 3%. That results in a $500.00 monthly payment and a 5 year balloon amount of $170,959.58.

    Link to spreadsheet below if you want to look at how this stuff is calculated. Should answer all your questions in this post, and I'll be happy to try to answer any other questions about it.

    It can also serve as a calculator for any other amortizations.

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FFUF3412NmU7iK6gAcGYVJ4Poy6yhzvY/view?usp=drivesdk

    Please take this with a grain of salt, I'm not a qualified expert, just a dude with excel. Best of luck!


    Thank you @Caleb Teachout for the spreadsheet!!

  • TX · Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Aj Harrell:

    @Caleb Teachout I was just looking into this and creating my own. I am always learning so much from BP community. Sent a request.You mind sharing with me as well? 

    Please provide me the access to spreadsheet.  Thanks 
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.