Best stay to form LLC of 4 flat

Best stay to form LLC of 4 flat

Investor · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 1 vote

We are doing our first deal - a BRRR rehab long term rental 4 flat in Chicago. We live in Albuquerque, NM. We first would like advice on whether or not to form an LLC for the property and secondly if we should form the LLC in Illinois, New Mexico or a more tax friendly neutral state. I would appreciate advice. I do know that we would probably have to sign a personal guarantee on the property either way.

0Reply
19 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · 3412 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside, IL 60546 · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y

    @Craig Nairn I feel like this is a tough one to answer in a forum since no one here has enough information about your personal situation to really give you a good answer. I am guessing you would want to form the LLC here in Illinois though since you have to pay Illinois taxes either way. It seems like it would be a waste trying to create in a different state unless you had some grander notions of asset protection or identity secrecy. That seems unlikely on a 4 unit purchase.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.