Looking for a CPA in Western NC

Looking for a CPA in Western NC

Investor · Maggie Valley, NC · Member since 2020 · 284 posts · 85 votes

Looking for recommendations for a CPA near Asheville, NC. 

I have one prospect, but 1500 for a tax filing while I have just one filing plus 250 / month is a bit steep. 

I have a lot of renovation costs to deduct; that, plus accelerated depreciation will more than cover my active income. So, I should get everything back this year. 

Any suggestions? 

1Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Accountant · Edina, MN · Member since 2020 · 172 posts · 97 votes
3y

Most CPAs are remote these days - I would focus on real estate specialization over location. You may pay a higher price but they should return tenfold in tax savings.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Maggie Valley, NC · Member since 2020 · 284 posts · 85 votes
    3y

    And yes, I know this is very late. Honestly, I had faith in my current CPA up to very recently when she could not answer questions about the "STR Loophole", among other things.

  • Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2015 · 187 posts · 112 votes
    3y

    Brandon Smith is Da Bomb. My effective tax rate for the past 2 years has been under 10%, in the setting of significant real estate income, and much higher 1099 income. He's a freaking wizard. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Asheville, NC · Member since 2020 · 67 posts · 39 votes
    3y

    hey @Account Closed, can you share his contact info? Thnx!

  • Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2015 · 187 posts · 112 votes
    3y

    BP won't let me share it for some reason, but he's with Smith and SHins in Taylors SC.  He's very familiar with NC tax law and serves quite a few clients in the WNC area. 

  • Accountant · Edina, MN · Member since 2020 · 172 posts · 97 votes
    3y

    Most CPAs are remote these days - I would focus on real estate specialization over location. You may pay a higher price but they should return tenfold in tax savings.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.