Special criteria to reduce school tax?

Special criteria to reduce school tax?

Member since 2022 · 36 posts · 32 votes

Hey, just curious if there's any place in the US that allows a school tax reduction for any particular reason? For example, people in my community argue that there are so many senior citizens and people without children in the area that they should be allowed a reduction in the school tax. 

0Reply
15 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    3y

    School tax is not to pay for our own children...it's to pay for an educated society (rather than be a 3rd world country).

  • Member since 2022 · 36 posts · 32 votes
    3y

    @Mike Dymski I know this is a factor families look for when shopping for a home, so I agree there are benefits to living in a place with a great school zone.  I no longer have a child in the school system within my town and still paying for his higher education, but I won't lie; I wouldn't mind a little break, either. 

  • Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Aruna Abdool:

    @Mike Dymski I know this is a factor families look for when shopping for a home, so I agree there are benefits to living in a place with a great school zone.  I no longer have a child in the school system within my town and still paying for his higher education, but I won't lie; I wouldn't mind a little break, either. 


    Oh no doubt...we all could use a tax break, particularly given that our tax dollars are getting used to drive inflation and economic turmoil.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.