User Stats

Votes
David Liu
Votes |
SDIRA investing in CrowdStreet Deals

David Liu
Posted Mar 18 2023, 12:46

Hi All,

I want to use my SD-IRA to invest in Crowdfunding offering such as those on Crowdstreet, but I am still not understanding if UBIT (unrelated business income tax) and (UDFI) Unrelated-debt financing Income will be applicable to Crowdfunding deals if invested through SD-IRA.

Based on this article https://sdirahandbook.com/ubit...  , it seems like if the offering is a new construction, it is subject to UBIT. And most all deals on Crowdstreet, whether it is a new constructions or not, all have debt components and seemed like they are subjected to UDFI. Am I understanding the article correctly.

If UBIT and UDFI applies to Crowdfunding deals, it seems like there are not a lot of benefit to use SD-IRA to invest.

If you have any experience regarding UBIT along with Crowdfunding, could you provide some comments regardless whether you are a CPA or not (I won't sue).

I am also looking for CPA who understands SD-IRA and real-estate crowdfunding, and I am open to do a paid consultation. If you have any recommendation for a CPA could you let me know.

Thanks a ton.

Loading replies...