How do you find value from your tax professional?

How do you find value from your tax professional?

Accountant · Franklin, TN · Member since 2023 · 204 posts · 91 votes

Good afternoon BP. I am putting together a presentation for a national tax professional conference. We are continuing our research into the minds of a real estate investor. What adds value to you as a client from your tax professional? 

Any responses are deeply appreciated!

0Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 10k+ votes
3y

Quick answers to the tax consequences of an action I’m considering. Not invoicing me for those 1 or 2 emails per year. And coming up with at least one idea every year that saves me most of or more than what he charges. 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2016 · 740 posts · 529 votes
    3y

    Pre-planning! this was instrumental for me with planning ahead with my tax advisor (my goals, and advise how to do it as a small business owner) 

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    3y

    Quick answers to the tax consequences of an action I’m considering. Not invoicing me for those 1 or 2 emails per year. And coming up with at least one idea every year that saves me most of or more than what he charges. 

  • Alex BekezaBusiness Member
    Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    @Chris Picciurro He was my client first haha.  I refinanced his 7 unit apartment and during that process he displayed a ton of real estate acumen which made me realize I should start working with him.  I've been with him for about 3 years now.  

    Similarly, I've found that investing in real estate myself helps me stand out against other Loan Officers a borrower might talk to.  Same thing applies to a CPA for sure. 

  • Accountant · Franklin, TN · Member since 2023 · 204 posts · 91 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Melissa Nash:

    Pre-planning! this was instrumental for me with planning ahead with my tax advisor (my goals, and advise how to do it as a small business owner) 

    Thank you very much. I agree and this feedback is very helpful to my research. It also confirms many assumptions!
  • Accountant · Franklin, TN · Member since 2023 · 204 posts · 91 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bill B.:

    Quick answers to the tax consequences of an action I’m considering. Not invoicing me for those 1 or 2 emails per year. And coming up with at least one idea every year that saves me most of or more than what he charges. 


    Thank you very much. I agree and this feedback is very helpful to my research. It also confirms many assumptions! Nobody likes to be nickel and dimed.

  • Accountant · Franklin, TN · Member since 2023 · 204 posts · 91 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Alex Bekeza:

    @Chris Picciurro He was my client first haha.  I refinanced his 7 unit apartment and during that process he displayed a ton of real estate acumen which made me realize I should start working with him.  I've been with him for about 3 years now.  

    Similarly, I've found that investing in real estate myself helps me stand out against other Loan Officers a borrower might talk to.  Same thing applies to a CPA for sure. 

    Thank you Alex! Have a great day. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.