Rental Property Investor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2014 · 60 posts · 30 votes
I am trying to take a step each day toward our goal of investing in our first rental property. Monday it was a visit with our lender. Today I went to my first auction. Then later in the day I made my first call to a FSBO which ended up being a dead end, but that was ok because it broke the ice for me.
I am going to try to locate an owner carry that we can get in to with a bit of cash down and then have it as our first buy n hold.
So for the rest of this week I will focus on trying to find an attorney that is familiar with REI.
I want to find a great attorney to assist us with the paper work and contract end of things.
Does any one have personal experiences with any attorneys here in Colorado Springs that they would recommend?
Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 597 votes
11y
@Andrew Emery I would recommend speaking to a title company 1st, you might find that they can help with the docs you are looking for in regards to owner finance, etc. Empire title in Colorado Springs is great -Michael Podoyak can get you in the right direction.
If you are really interested in working with owner finance deals, find Micheal Jake in the Springs.