Richard Roop Ponzi

Richard Roop Ponzi

Wholesaler · Montclair, NJ · Member since 2012 · 25 posts · 2 votes

Good Afternoon,

I'm looking to see if anyone can provide any help or direction.  I just learned today Richard Roop and his company were shut down by the State of Colorado last year for alleged Ponzi scheme and securities charges.  I have a note on a property he owned/owns and it's coming due in 2 weeks.   After numerous attempts to contact he and his company and receiving no response I eventually searched and found out what is going on. 

My question is can anyone provide any advice on where I go from here to see if I have any chance of getting any portion of the note proceeds I'm due. It was held in a Self Directed IRA if it matter. Should I contact a Colorado attorney as that is where he and the property are? Does anyone have a referral to someone if so? I'm sick to my stomach over this now and trying to decide what to do next. Any direction is greatly appreciated! TY!

0Reply
143 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
6y

@RIchard Roop Public record recorded documents don’t get scrubbed/removed.....unless there was some fraud/error in the original document. 

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 737 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Travis D.:

    Good Afternoon,

    I'm looking to see if anyone can provide any help or direction.  I just learned today Richard Roop and his company were shut down by the State of Colorado last year for alleged Ponzi scheme and securities charges.  I have a note on a property he owned/owns and it's coming due in 2 weeks.   After numerous attempts to contact he and his company and receiving no response I eventually searched and found out what is going on. 

    My question is can anyone provide any advice on where I go from here to see if I have any chance of getting any portion of the note proceeds I'm due. It was held in a Self Directed IRA if it matter. Should I contact a Colorado attorney as that is where he and the property are? Does anyone have a referral to someone if so? I'm sick to my stomach over this now and trying to decide what to do next. Any direction is greatly appreciated! TY!

    There is nothing criminal about this on the website for the Colorado Division of Securities nor Attorney General's website. Could be considered defamatory. 2014! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.