Wentzville, MO · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 3 votes
Good morning! New investor starting out here in St. Louis MO. I am in search of two things
1) A Real Estate Attorney
2) A CPA or tax advisor skilled in the tax laws surrounding real estate transactions.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Or, is there an area here on BP where I can find local professionals? New to this site and still learning my way around.
There are many books you can read to help you with understanding the tax advantages of real estate.
I would start with loopholes of real estate by Garrett Sutton.
I have used 2 different CPAs for my K1 tax return, one local (which I would not recommend) and one that was recommended to me located In Indianapolis IN. The Lawrie CPA Group. They worked out great.
I have yet to require the services of a real estate attorney so I do not have any recommendations for one.
I would assume you are looking to build a team for your real estate investing journey. IMO the most important part is reading. Most of the information you will need to get started can be found in books.
Check out
The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller.
Start Your Own Corporation by Garrett Sutton
Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
Cashflow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki
Buy and Rent Foreclosures by Joseph Neilson
Some of the best education also will come from real estate investing podcast which are great to listen to in your car while commuting to work or while taking a evening walk.
Almost any topic has been covered by bigger pockets podcast.
There are also a couple other great podcast for real estate investing:
Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever by Joe Fairless
Freedom Real Estate Investing by Brock Collins
Passive Real Estate Investing by Marco Santarelli
and of couse the bigger pockets podcast.
I use an app called podcast addict to listen to them with my android phone. It is free and so are the podcast.
There are many books you can read to help you with understanding the tax advantages of real estate.
I would start with loopholes of real estate by Garrett Sutton.
I have used 2 different CPAs for my K1 tax return, one local (which I would not recommend) and one that was recommended to me located In Indianapolis IN. The Lawrie CPA Group. They worked out great.
I have yet to require the services of a real estate attorney so I do not have any recommendations for one.
I would assume you are looking to build a team for your real estate investing journey. IMO the most important part is reading. Most of the information you will need to get started can be found in books.
Check out
The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller.
Start Your Own Corporation by Garrett Sutton
Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
Cashflow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki
Buy and Rent Foreclosures by Joseph Neilson
Some of the best education also will come from real estate investing podcast which are great to listen to in your car while commuting to work or while taking a evening walk.
Almost any topic has been covered by bigger pockets podcast.
There are also a couple other great podcast for real estate investing:
Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever by Joe Fairless
Freedom Real Estate Investing by Brock Collins
Passive Real Estate Investing by Marco Santarelli
and of couse the bigger pockets podcast.
I use an app called podcast addict to listen to them with my android phone. It is free and so are the podcast.
Investor/Realtor · Wentzville, MO · Member since 2014 · 846 posts · 431 votes
10y
Thank you @Marco Santarelli for sharing through your podcast. I enjoy the content you discuss. I listened to the last podcast about wealth several times. It reminded me of many points that Kiyosaki talked about in Cashflow Quadrant. Wealth is the goal of most real estate investors. It is good to be reminded of why we do this.
Wentzville, MO · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 3 votes
10y
@Ryan Billingsley, thank you for the information! I am currently working my way through a stack of Real Estate Investing books on my nightstand so will have to add a few more to it. I am registered for tonight's BP webinar and will have to check out the recommended podcasts as well!
It's great to know exactly where to go when looking for resources!