RE tax advisor in San Francisco Bay Area

RE tax advisor in San Francisco Bay Area

Investor · Burlingame, CA · Member since 2016 · 63 posts · 3 votes

Hello,

I am in the San Francisco Bay Area and I am looking for a tax advisor who can provide advice on tax/ cash flow implications of putting RE investment properties and property management under LLC(s) as opposed to individual ownership. I would appreciate any referrals from the group. Many thanks

0Reply
9 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · brentwood, CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 730 votes
    10y

    LLCs are typically utilized for liability protection. If the LLC is a single member LLC I am not sure how the tax or cash flow aspects would be changed. A single member LLC is typically disregarded for Federal income tax purposes so it would have no effect for that specific purpose. Not sure how I see cash flows directly impacted either other than the additional fees you will need to pay to set up the LLC and file with the state each year.

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 192 posts · 95 votes
    10y

    i noticed there are three versions of this post. I answered one of the other ones. :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.