CPA Tax Professional Recomendations for REI - Atlanta

CPA Tax Professional Recomendations for REI - Atlanta

Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 4 votes

I am looking for recommendations for CPA firms that are experts in with working with Real-Estate investors. 

I purchased my first three SFH's in 2016 and am planning to grow it this year and beyond. As such I'd like to work with a firm that is investor friendly and knows how to best work with deprecation and segregation deductions etc.

Thanks in advance!


0Reply
9 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
9y

I use Mr. Tax, Harold Halpern in East Atlanta on Moreland Ave. He's awesome and very inexpensive. He has many clients with real estate. He's not a CPA, but an accountant. Don't let that title mislead you - he knows what he's doing.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 74 posts · 41 votes
    9y

    I am with a top firm in Atlanta for helping clients in real estate.  We have an in house cost seg person and i would guess over half of our practice is real estate clients whether it be development, investment, operating businesses, etc.  PM me and we can arrange a time to chat and see if it may be a good fit.  We aren't cheap but we arent billing big 4 rates either! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Thanks Andrew, will do.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    I use Mr. Tax, Harold Halpern in East Atlanta on Moreland Ave. He's awesome and very inexpensive. He has many clients with real estate. He's not a CPA, but an accountant. Don't let that title mislead you - he knows what he's doing.

  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Ok, excellent @Michaela G. thanks!

  • Accountant, Enrolled Agent · Grayslake, IL · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    @Zach Smith,

    If you'd like some referrals that I know have the experience and knowledge feel free to PM me. That said: You definitely need someone qualified, does not have to be a CPA, could be an Enrolled Agent or an attorney. Just make sure they specialize in tax and have significant experience dealing with real estate investors.

    Here is a great list of questions to ask a potential accountant: http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/70447-questions-to-ask-a-cpa

    Also check out the www.NAEA.org page in your search. It should help you find someone local. If someone comes to me, I'll send them your way.

    If you need help in your search or want to verify something don't hesitate to ask.

    For example: I have clients worldwide and things are just as easy as I e-mail them, talking on the phone. I even use Skype and TeamViewer to communicate with clients so I'd highly recommend looking for one of the best with great references that interviews well with you.

    So look for someone you can connect with that works out for your situation.

    Feel free to ask here if you have questions

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 627 posts · 374 votes
    9y
    I use Roger Herring with Investors Accounting, LLC. I believe he's in Duluth. Quite a drive for me, but it's worth it! Not cheap but well worth all the time and money I've saved by using his services. He's also extremely knowledgeable and works with other lawyers on tax laws to find the best legal ways to minimize your taxes. Several of my friends have used him, I've not heard anything negative from them either.
  • Locust Grove, GA · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    @Zach Smith how did your search turn out? I am in the same situation, curious of your results.

    Thanks-

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.